5 THINGS I STRUGGLE WITH AS A BLOGGER

Monday, July 24, 2017


No blogger is perfect, and a lot of bloggers will find a few struggles in this industry as it is so competitive. I find myself worrying about how my blog looks, whether my content is appealing enough, or if I even like my blog way too many times. Right now I can say I am happy, although I am waiting to gather enough confidence to buy a template I've found (which I am in love with) but sadly it's sooooo expensive, which I why I keep contemplating it. 

Blogging is becoming very competitive these days because it is so common and becoming so popular globally. Every blogger will have it's doubts whether they think their blog is good enough, successful enough, or even worth having a read through. There are so many aspects to think about that you need to invest so much time into them to become recognised and a success. 

For me, I am still only blogging part time and for at least a year longer this will stick to part-time and a hobby, just because of other commitments in my life at the moment. Do I see a future of full-time blogging? Perhaps, but I'm not even remotely close to being a successful blogger, especially going at this rate. 

I have found myself drifting away from the blogging scene since being home just because I have so many other things going on in my life that I have really struggled to find the time to sit down and blog, or even interact with other blogs. And this is where the topic of this blog post comes in...

5 THINGS I STRUGGLE WITH AS A BLOGGER

Interacting through social media
Running a blog involves a lot of interaction and promoting through social media and this can be very time consuming. Ever since moving back to the UK, I really struggle to find time to sit down and dedicate some time to social media and engaging with followers and other bloggers. Hopefully once I finish work this will improve but I know for the next week I will be a little distant still.
Social media is your main platform to getting your blog known and more popular so making sure you have a few hours a day to spend uploading onto your Instagram, promoting your latest post on Twitter, or pinning some interesting and relatable posts on Pinterest is very important to stay in contact with your followers.


Remembering to comment on blog posts
This is probably my most frustrating flaw with blogging because I read so many blog posts but always forget to comment, and it's nice to leave a comment so the blogger knows how much you enjoyed reading their post and what you learnt from it. Recently though I have struggled to find time to sit down and read people's latest posts so when I get properly back into that I will make sure I remember to leave comments every time. Think of it like this; do you like reading comments other people have left on your blog? Then I'm sure they'll appreciate the same to their blog from you.

Being adventurous with my blog photography 
This is actually something I will be able to improve on when I am back home. I feel like all my photographs are similar looking and have no excitement/originality to them. Studying abroad limits you to what you can buy because you know you probably won't be able to take it back with you due to luggage allowances etc. So I have had to make do with whatever I have around my room. I can't complain too much because I could have gone out and taken photos in the city, which I did do a little of, but I am a sucker for forgetting my camera (and iPhone pictures never work for me)!


Comparing my blog to others
I am always pointing out things I want to change and comparing mine to others which is definitely something I should NOT be doing. I need to keep reminding myself that this blog is mine and it should reflect onto my personality. Just need to keep remembering your blog is YOURS and no blog is just like it.
To be honest, I have got a lot better with this in the recent weeks because I use other blogs to enjoy reading their content (which is often much better than mine and can help step mine up), to gather ideas up for a new blog content because ever so often you get bloggers block which is the worst thing, and to help you improve your blog layout - maybe a certain blog has a section which you need, or you've missed out an important aspect in your blog posts - it's always good to read/look over other blogs because it can help you discover extras which you may need for yours.

Wanting a change of layout 
I often find myself looking at blog templates on various websites and I need to stop because I've changed my blog layout one too many times. I am loving my template at the moment but I keep discovering cool layouts which I want, but they all come at a heavy cost, sad times! I think I will want to have a big relaunch in the future but I am happy with my blog look right now, and I need to keep telling myself that.

I am hoping all of these will be solved/improved over the rest of summer as I will have plenty of time to focus on blogging, finger's crossed!

Do you agree with any of these? What are your struggles with being a blogger?


Are you following me on Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' Pinterest ?

31 comments

  1. These are all things I struggled with to a certain extent too, especially interacting on social media, because I am autistic and sometimes it just gets too much! I agree with you about leaving blog comments- it makes my day every time I get one so I need to make a resolution to leave them every time I read a post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can understand that, I just really struggle to find time in the day to just stick with social media. I am slowly getting better at leaving comments and replying to comments on my own blog too!

      Abs x

      Delete
  2. Gosh, I feel you! I feel like my blog is nowhere near as good as anyone elses so I guess I'm going through that "comparison" phase that you've been through! I really hope I can get out of it soon, and that you too will surpass this and solve all of your problems!

    Lizzie Bee // Hello Lizzie Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always comparing blogs to mine, and occasionally have mini breakdowns and start wanting to change everything about mine! Hopefully, I realise that my blog is unique and everyone's is different, we shouldn't be wanting our bogs to look like someone elses.

      Abs x

      Delete
  3. This is so relatable! I also need to start experimenting fmore with my photos are they are all literally identical 🙈

    Alice | Dainty Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely starting to improve my photography since being back home as I have more things to include in the photos and have different backgrounds!

      Abs x

      Delete
  4. I definetely struggle with all of these too! Another thing I struggle with is responding to review requests, especially after a bad experience when I refused one a couple of weeks ago. Amy xx
    #TeacupClub

    ReplyDelete
  5. On some days I find interacting through social media difficult, balancing it with scheduling promotional tweets. Sometimes I also find that my photography is not the best and lacks creativity. I definitely overthink it but cannot help it. I think everyone feels that way at some point. With comparing blogs to others, I definitely do this. I do not have my own domain yet and have a theme that I am not happy with. There is always room for improvement but I try to not let it get to me as I enjoy writing content!
    Lois x
    www.lifeasloismay.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Very well written. I worry about a lot of if not all of these things quite a lot and sometimes it's very much a struggle. But I love blogging so much 💖🍵

    ReplyDelete
  7. My main issues with blogging is staying consistent. I don't check twitter enough and I'm pretty bad at checking emails, but I love it so much and try to remember that I blog firstly for myself, and secondly for other people. But I get frustrated with myself because I'd love to build a career eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can totally relate to this. I used to feel the same about most of the things. Especially comparing my blogs to others. Sometimes it's hard to feel positive about blogging when you love it so much and just want it to grow. x

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interaction is definitely hard! It takes so much time to be constantly active! I always forget to comment on blogs too! That's why I love things like tea cup club because they make me comment on blogs! I really like your photography! But it is frustrating when you get in a photography rut!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can relate to this 100%! It's super important not to compare our blogs to each other but it's so difficult not to!

    Carla x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think we all struggle with these, me for sure from time to time, you just gotta remember to do your own thing. Don't forget why you started and just enjoy it.

    www.astoldbyalii.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can relate to this so much, especially when you are new to the whole blogging world! Blogging as a whole isn't easy but at the same time it's so rewarding x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm constantly comparing myself to others and I know it isn't good for anyone involved to get jealous but sometimes I can't help it. Also forgetting to comment on blog posts is my speciality, even if I'm mentioned in the post! I do everything on Twitter :P so I don't have the interaction problem so much, great post! very honest <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The photography one is totally relatable, I mean I am new to that photo stuff ^^
    So far I really enjoy it.
    I have stopped comparing myself to others. My blog is my very own sacred space. The fact others enjoy it too is a big plus for me.
    That's how I look at it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I definitely struggle to not compare my blog to others but seeing people comment and engage with my content makes me so happy it doesn't really matter if it's one person or ten people! x
    www.misszarabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can definitely relate to this! I don't get a lot of views on my blog at all despite trying to promote through multiple channels, so I know how you feel. Good luck with it all and great post x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Reading this blog post made me realise how bad I am with half of these thugs I'm so awful at commenting on posts but personally I love your blogging photography you have a beautiful blog and inspiring. This has given me allot to think about x
    www.lifeascraig.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I relate to these soo much! I find it so hard to keep up with social media and find that it takes so much time out of my day to interact with bloggers and promote everything via social media! Don't get me wrong I love communicating with other bloggers but now I've finished uni, the blogger chats seem to coincide with the times I'm hanging out with my friends and family (therefore don't want to be on my phone constantly) and I've just been so busy with other things that keeping up with blog posts let alone promoting them seems to not be a priority!

    JosieVictoriaa // Fashion, Travel & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think we all tend to compare our blogs and ourselves to each other. I think it's just phases. I'm so bad with interacting with people on social media. It's something I want to get better at! xx Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post!! I am just starting out and can definitely relate to the wanting to change layout, but mine is lack of knowledge to do it!!!! I also compare my blog all the time with others!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. PS also struggle with sharing, it takes so long doesn't it?!?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I struggle with ALL these things too! I'm never happy with my photos, I struggle to think of a relevant comment to post on other people's posts, and I'm usually too shy to communicate on social media! It's all very frustrating.

    If I knew more about design and HTML, I would probably change up my blog layout daily, so it's probably a good thing that I know very little and am forced to live with what I have for now 😂

    http://www.thesmalladventurer.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I definitely struggle with all of these, especially commenting and keeping up with social media. It's hard having a full time that actually pays the bills, but I do hope to one day focus on blogging full time!

    https://littledismaid.com


    ReplyDelete
  24. I totally agree with you,I done the worst thing possible, taking a break from blogging to concentrate on my academic commitments! I deleted my site and started from sratch which has been the most diffiuclt thing to get myself back out there!

    www.katiesummersfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow, it's like reading my own mind here. I actually struggle with the same things.... This comment is part of me trying to improve my 'commenting' skills. So far so good. It's also the frequency of the ALL the things you need to be on top on ALL OF THE TIME. As a hobby-blogger it's imposible to keep up as there are many other commitments I need to take care off besides my hobby. However I guess the 'magic trick' is that as long as I still enjoy it, it's alright. A little bit of perfoctionist pressure doesn't hurt, it's only when that's the only thing on your mind it would be good to consider closing your laptop from time to time...

    Love,
    Dominique

    www.fashionedbypluche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have to say I agree with all of these statements (and am so glad i'm not the only one!)I have to say that my main struggle is feeling incredibly guilty if I don't post on my blog...I really need to manage my time better xx

    Emma @ www.beautyfolio.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This post really resonates with me! I think, as bloggers, we forget that we all have these types of feelings and can be there for each other! And we all need to learn to let things go at some point too... Fabulous post, love ♥

    KYASEDI

    ReplyDelete
  28. This post is extremely well written, and I can completely relate to what you are saying. I think my biggest struggles are staying active on social media and commenting on posts. I really try to comment as much as possible! Sometimes I read so many posts, that I forget to comment, but like you said it's so important that the bloggers know that we are enjoying their posts xxx

    Melina | www.ivefoundwaldo.com

    ReplyDelete

RECENT COMMENTS

Latest Instagrams

© A FabABulous Life. Design by FCD.