Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Spending Quality Time with Yourself

Freeing up time to sort yourself out, focus on yourself, laze around, or perhaps doing some other work is very important as it allows you to have a 'time out' from your family and friends and also your 9-5 working life.



I use my free time differently everyday, even if I am stuck inside all day. It is good to switch it up every now and then instead of getting into a routine and doing the same things everyday, unless of course you like having a routine. I have been getting into a routine lately just because I am wanting to get as much blogging done for the next month, and also preparing to return to university. However, I prefer doing something a little different everyday to keep myself motivated and productive in various ways.


WAYS I SPEND MY FREE TIME

Catch up with the latest blog/vlogs
With my sister, we find ourselves putting our fave youtube videos on Apple TV whilst catching up with the latest online. I am definitely a vlog watcher more than a blog reader, which doesn't make sense as I am a blogger...but I prefer watching than reading. If you knew me well then you would be surprised I blog instead of vlog (but I am definitely not confident enough for that yet!)
I love waking up early, grabbing something for breakfast and having a few hours in the morning to indulge in plenty of new vlogs, and occasionally new blogs.

Clean up my bedroom
There is nothing more satisfying than clearing up and area which was a tip and it being a pristine heaven afterwards. I sometimes need a little push to do this but it does always feel good afterwards when you are going to sleep knowing your bedroom is clean.

Do some reorganising 
I've been doing plenty of this lately and I can't tell you how satisfied I get once I've finished. When everyone is out at work I have decided to reorganise our kitchen cupboards - it surprises me we found anything before I did this as they were sooooo unorganised it stressed me out. Even reorganising stresses me out, and I sometimes question why I do this to myself (as does my sister), but in the end you know you've done something rewarding and helpful to someone.

Relax and do some self-care
It doesn't happen often (which is not ideal) but when it comes to having a little detox then I usually go all out, depending on how bad my skin/body condition is in. I very rarely have baths but when I am feeling a little under the weather with my body then I will jump in straight away. Face masks, exfoliating, moisturising, and anything detoxifying is the way I go around it. I usually just stick to the face masks as they give my skin a fresh look afterwards, with the soft feeling as well of course. But if you find yourself with a few spare hours in the evening then why not take that space to give your body and skin some loving. 

Walk and picture
It's so refreshing taking a walk around where you live and embracing that fresh air and the green nature around you. I'm lucky enough to have the countryside on my doorstep so I go on lots of walks, either around here or to local villages, such as Lacock which is a beautiful little village to wonder around (and Fantastic Beasts 2 is currently being filmed there so I was hoping to run into Johnny Depp or Eddie Redmayne!!)
If I ever go on a walk I will often take my camera if I am feeling a little creative and inspired. I've got so many beautiful photographs of the country, it's just too beautiful.


Watch the latest Netflix favourites 
The amount of series I have started watching and halfway through gone off it and started another one...the list is building up. It actually stresses me out that I have so many series I still have to finish watching but I have stopped watching TV as much as I used to just because it's nice to relax without a screen in your face (I'm saying this as I am browsing through my laptop...) and just having some music on in the background whilst focusing on something else. I have recently got back into colouring and I find it insanely therapeutic, and it just relaxes my body so much. Do you have any hobbies like this which give you a similar feeling?

Run some errands
Maybe you need some new stationery for school, or you parents need to go food shopping but have no time, or perhaps you need to go out and buy a birthday present for your friend; if you have time now then why waste it and get on with some errands you have listed down. This may mean you will have a few hours spare at the weekend to spend time with your family. 


How do you spend 'your' time?

Are you following me on Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' Pinterest ?
Copyright @ A FabABulous Life. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign