Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 05, 2017

Red is the New Black

It's winter time and finally getting cold! I'm not a massive fan of the coldness but I enjoy wrapping up in lots of layers and going on winter walks. You can never have too many winter clothes; oversized jumpers, thick socks, big soft scarfs, winter coats - it was time to do some shopping (wow, what a change for me - not!)




My wardrobe has always been a little dull looking. Apart from a few statement pieces which catch your eye, it's all the same. Blacks, greys, navies, whites, a few pinks and purples, nothing out of the ordinary really.
I started buying a few new colourful outfits because I was feeling a little brave. I was in need of a new winter coat as I have had the same one for the past 5/6 years, wow that sounds long, and it was time to move on from my gorgeous Topshop coat. I wasn't looking to spend a lot (I say that as I was looking at £200 coats...) but I was happy to spend a decent amount on a coat which will last me a good amount of time.


10 websites and about 2 hours laters I was having a little luck on ASOS with about 5 coats in the running. All of them were these "dull" colours apart from two which were red and a mustardy yellow - or as they referred to it as "harvest gold", ooh fancy. The "harvest gold" coat was beautiful, but a little on the pricey side and a little long for what I was after. The fiery red coat, however, wasn't exactly what I was looking for but made me realise I should have a change of colour, and how much red suits me. And boy am I glad I went with that one. I LOVE IT! It is the warmest, cosiest, most comfortable coat I have ever tried on or owned.


It is a proper winter coat - a little warm for autumn time so that may call for another purchase in the future. It's hood is lined with removable faux-fur, has two large front pockets (just what I need), and fastens with a zip and buttons. This coat is guaranteed to keep me warm on the coldest of days. All for £48, with student discount of course, I am so pleased with the quality of the make and just how thick the material is. I always find it risky ordering from ASOS because it is all online and size can vary quite a lot. I ordered two sizes just incase but the smaller size fitted me perfectly and I could just send the other one back, it's free to return after all - that's the beauty of ASOS.


I've never been a massive fan of ASOS but after this buy I have added 26 items to my wish list - hello zero dollar. Obviously I won't be purchasing every single item, I wish, but I've found a few eye-popping pieces which may have to be ordered in the near future. This coat made me realise I suit these brighter and bolder colours, so it's goodbye black, hello red!  

You can find the red coat here.
If you're after a mustard coloured coat, this one is beautiful! 

What is your favourite colour for the winter, have you got a new winter coat?


Are you following me on Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' Pinterest ?
Copyright @ A FabABulous Life. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign