Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 06, 2018

3 Ways To Change Up Writing A Blog Post

Life will eventually get boring if you end up doing the same things, the same way, in the same place. I think it's time to mix it up a bit and give you ways to "spice up your life". Let's not allow ourselves to fall out of love of what we love doing.


Was that intro a little cheesy? Ah well it got your attention didn't it, and it is basically what this post is about - changing it up. Do you ever find yourself constantly doing the same things when writing/planning a blog post, sitting in the same spot, going through the same stages of writing out the post and then scheduling it. Aren't you ever worried you will eventually find yourself hating this process because there is nothing exciting about it or it's just always repeating itself? Well I am and I think it's a main factor to why I am often unmotivated or uninspired to sit down and write. So I'm here to tell you that you can easily change this. I'm sure you already have many ways of doing so, but here I am sharing a few of them anyway :)

Change the environment you write in
Sometimes I find writing in different places can motivate me to write. If I am ever having trouble to motivate myself, like I have been for the last month, I try to find a new place around the house where there is peace and quiet so I can really put my thinking cap on. Usually it would be the dining room but because I've got a new desk in my room I find this the best place to write, especially as the dining room can get so cold.
When I was back at university or on my year abroad I would always find a quiet cafe around and get ridiculous amounts of work done just because I was in a motivating area - other people around me also working - and I wouldn't have any distractions around, I would block everything out and crack on with my work.


Brainstorm instead of essay writing 
Depending on how you work and how you plan a blog post, most of us bloggers tend to essay write a post, edit and then hit the publish/schedule button. Have you ever thought of brainstorming your ideas of a blog post and going from there? Categorise the brainstorm into topics you want to include into the post and then make a note of the type of photographs you want and when you want to post it. This way may suit your personality more, especially if you're more creative than academic, and it's an easy way to just jot down an idea which comes to mind at any time. 

Record yourself on-the-go
I occasionally do this if I'm in the middle of something and my brain starts writing a blog post...we've all be there right? It usually happens when I am in bed about to sleep and my brain decides to switch to work mode and suddenly comes up with 1001 posts I've been struggling to think of in the day. A simple way to solve this: voice recorder on your phone. I name all these recordings "blog post ideas" so I don't end up deleting them. It's also a good way to record a blog post because it saves time, you may not be in the mood to write, and it also takes minimal effort which appeals to my lazy self.


I think these kind of posts are important for those of us who start to feel like they're falling out of love with writing. When we lack motivation, inspiration or just want a change in the way we work, we question why we are doing this. Just changing up a part of your routine regularly can help you fall back in love with writing/blogging and maintain that connection.

How do you go about writing a blog post?


Are you following me on Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' Pinterest ?
Copyright @ A FabABulous Life. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign